Cesare Peverelli (Milan, 1922 - Paris, 2000) began his artistic career in 1939 when he attended the Brera Academy of Fine Arts and was a pupil of Achille Funi and Carlo Carrà. Through Ennio Morlotti, he came into contact with the Corrente group, favoring the tonalism of Giorgio Morandi to the chromatic lighting of the neo-cubism. He tied himself to the Argine Numero magazine and was in 1946 among the signatories of the Oltre Guernica poster. In 1947, he won the Grosso Award and met Cesare Pavese. They began collaboratinig with the Einaudi publishing house, and they produced the cover of La nausea by Jean Paul Sartre (1948).
He was one of the founders in 1946 of the Numero Pittura magazine and with Roberto Crippa he opened the Painting gallery, where in 1949 he held a solo show accompanied by a poem by Aimé Césaire translated by Salvatore Quasimodo. His interesting readings of Freud and the study of ethnology brought him closer to surrealist poetry. Following the suggestions of Max Ernst and Victor Brauner, he deepened the exercise of the imagination. 1959 saw the release of the first monograph on the artist signed by Emilio Tadini and Jean Selz and his participation in the VIII National Art Quadrennial of Rome (1959) as well as in the collective show The new generation in Italian art, curated by Francesco Arcangeli, Giulio Carlo Argan and Marco Valsecchi at the Odyssia Gallery in Rome (1960). In the 90s, he devoted himself to drawing and ceramics, and his career continued with countless prizes, awards and participations in major artistic events.