(Vitebsk, 1887 – Saint-Paul-de-Vence, 1985)
Chagall was born in a small Russian city to a Jewish family of modest origins.
In 1917, he joined the October Revolution and started painting murals and the curtain for the Jewish Art Theater. In the following years, he dedicated his time to still lifes with flowers and objects, and a series of beautiful engravings, demonstrate a more intelligent use of the middle technique and an increased sensitivity to color. These figurative compositions are denser, and less of a “sketch or outline”.At that same time, he exhibited his works in New York, Amsterdam and Basel. In 1946, Chagall created his first color lithographs as illustrations for the book A Thousand and One Night for a New York editor. From this moment on, he dedicated his time almost exclusively to lithography techniques.
In 1959, Chagall received a honoris causa degree at the University of Glasgow.
- 2017 Marc Chagall - c'est la vie ... Beck & Eggeling, Düsseldorf
- 2015 Marc Chagall: Enchanted Dreams Opera Gallery, Singapore
Items 1-16 of 45
- Marc ChagallNaomi and Her Daughters-in-Law - from the series " ...Regular Price €450.00 Special Price €382.00
- Marc ChagallParadise - from the series "Illustrations for the ...€450.00
- Marc ChagallRuth at the feet of Boaz- from the series "Illustr ...€450.00
- Marc ChagallAhasuerus Sends Vashti Away - from the series "Ill ...€450.00
- Marc ChagallSarah and the Angels - from the series "Illustrati ...€450.00
- Marc ChagallSarah and Abimelech - from the series "Illustratio ...€450.00
- Marc ChagallL'Homme sans Passeport Devant le Capitaine Ispravn ...€1,300.00
- Marc ChagallLe Vieux Parc de Pliouchkine - From the series "Le ...Regular Price €1,400.00 Special Price €1,260.00